NHLA Call To Action
The purpose of this page is to keep our members and the public informed of any activities that may affect our lake in a negative way. This will allow you to take action as appropriate (contacting local, state, and federal representatives, informing your neighbors, etc.)
In addition, we will be using this page to request volunteers for our various activities throughout the year.
October 19, 2022
We Need Your Help!
A few weeks ago we posted information concerning the NHLA fishing-line recycling program that NHLA initiated some years ago. Since then, we have installed or replaced receptacles in the below locations. Also noted below are the members that have “adopted” these sites to be maintained during the year. As you can see, we have 3 locations that need to be adopted…Rainbow City, Southside, and Ten Islands.
If any of you are interested in adopting one of these sites, please contact Jerry McCain (205.913.8067) or Gene Phifer (256.390.4425). Once you volunteer, information will be provided to you on the “How To” of maintaining a location.
Thank you so much for supporting this very important NHLA project!!!
1. Hokes Bluff boat launch -Richard Dean
2. Tillison’s Bend boat launch – Richard Dean
3. Coosa/Gadsden City boat launch (2 receptacles) – Syndee Isbell
4. Jack L. Ray Park boat launch – Syndee Isbell
5. Rainbow City boat launch – No owner:
6. Canoe Creek Marina boat launch – Gene/Charlotte
7. St. Clair County boat launch – David Duckworth
8. Southside boat launch – No owner:
9. Ten Islands boat launch – No owner:
Ready To Make A Difference?